The World of Leading Golf World Cup Series
Be a part of your club‘s WLG World Cup team and play one or more of the most beautiful courses in the world! Experience dining as a culinary extravanganza in an exclusive atmosphere and extraordinary entertainment in the company of sophisticated co-players with a similar mindset.
As of 2017, World of Leading Golf is kicking off an outrageously different tournament series for members of a World of Leading Golf member club. This non-pareil series was created to give you the chance to experience the singular characteristics and unique styles of our member clubs, their climate, the culture and the nature of the respective region, its architecture and traditions.
In order to participate, members of WLG member clubs must go and ask their club to form a team of four. At least two golfers in each team must be members of a World of Leading Golf member club. As such a team, they may go and join one or more of the tournaments hosted and experience the extraordinary quality and uniquenes of other WLG member clubs.
The participation in a tournament includes:
- Hotel accommodation
- Greenfees (including optional practice day)
- Gala/prize giving dinner
- Welcome pack
- Minimum of one special local activity
- Halfway house snack service
- An additional welcome package may be provided by a WLG brand partner and/or sponsor.
The World of Leading Golf clubs staging the 2017 events are
You are a member of a WLG member club or a friend or partner of the association? Then this is your chance to get involved in a sophisticated and fun series unmatched by any other.
To know more about one or more of these great tournaments, please download the respective invitations which will be made available here soon.
Format of play:
- 36-hole stableford in 2 days
- Flights consist of 4 players arranged by strict handicap order; team members are not to play in the same flight.
- The best 3 scores of each team of 4 of each day will be accounted to the final team score
- The WLG member club team with the most points will be the winner of the tournament event
- The best 5 teams as well as the best individual in a tournament get a prize.
- Further prizes such as nearest to the hole, longest drive or straightest drive may possible.
Handicap men: 24/women: 36
Min. age: 18
All events are played in accordance with the rules of play applicable by the host club’s country golf federation and the club‘s local rules.