Fancourt, South Africa’s premier lifestyle resort, is nestled in the heart of South Africa’s Garden Route, 7 km from George Airport. The resort lies on 613 hectares of pristine countryside sheltered by the Outeniqua Mountains.
The Fancourt Hotel offers the discerning visitor 115 luxurious rooms and suites. These are perfectly suited for local and international families, couples, golfers and those simply looking for a warm, relaxed and entertaining Garden Route retreat.
Discover Fancourt’s many leisure activities including The Spa with an indoor heated Roman Bath and world class wellness treatments. The Leisure Centre offers an array of facilities and activities to keep guests of all ages and interests entertained. The Centre houses the popular Kidz Club, teen lounge, gymnasium, cinema, indoor heated and outdoor swimming pool. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy tennis, running and walking trails, bird watching and fishing. Four top restaurants each offer a distinctive dining experience to appeal to every palate.
Fancourt is an ideal base from which to explore the Garden Route. Glorious swimming beaches are easily accessible and mountain biking, horse riding, picnics and hikes can be arranged. Guests can book sightseeing excursions to the nearby coastal towns of Knysna, Plettenberg Bay and Mossel Bay as well as historic Oudtshoorn.
With Fancourt’s three golf courses consistently ranking among Golf Digest’s top 20 courses in the country, golfers can tee off in paradise against the backdrop of the towering Outeniqua Mountains that loom large over the Garden Route town of George. In addition to its proud legacy of sporting excellence, Fancourt’s three golf courses were designed by a dynamic team spearheaded by Gary Player and the estate’s owner, Dr. Hasso Plattner. The Links, a privately owned club, is currently No. 1 in South Africa (Golf Digest Rankings 2018), while the Montagu and Outeniqua courses both ranked within the Top 20. Golfers also have access to comprehensive practice facilities, a Golf Academy and a fully equipped Pro Shop, completing Fancourt’s five-star golfing experience
- 18-hole parkland course designed by Gary Player
- 8th position on South Africa’s Top 100 Courses‘ list of top golf courses in the country.
Black Tee - Protea: 6.714 m, CR 76.1, SL 145
Yellow Tee - Springbok: 6.324 m, CR 74.0, SL 140
White Tee - Galjoen: 5.669 m, male CR 70.3, SL 134/female CR 76.3, SL 142
Blue Tee - Yellowwood: 5.188 m, male CR 67.9, SL 127/female CR 73.8, SL 137
Red Tee - Blue Crane: 4.947 m, male CR 66.3, SL 120/ female CR 71.5, SL 132
- 18 hole course (Par 72) also designed by Gary Player
- Ranked 18th by South Africa’s Top 100 Courses‘ experts
Black Tee - Protea: 6.312 m, CR 73.9, SL 143
Yellow Tee - Springbok: 5.986 m, CR 72.0, SL 141
White Tee - Galjoen: 5.603 m, male CR 69.9, SL 138/female CR 76.2, SL 140
Blue Tee - Yellowwood: 5.194 m, male CR 68.4, SL 131/female CR 74.4, SL 135
Red Tee - Blue Crane: 4.954 m, male CR 66.6, SL 126/ female CR 72.1, SL 130
- A privately owned club – membership by invitation only
- 18-hole championship course designed by Gary Player in collaboration with Phil Jacobs and Fancourt owner, Dr Hasso Plattner
- Currently No. 1 in South Africa (Golf Digest Rankings 2018)
Green Tee: 6.477 m
Gold Tee: 5.721 m
Red Tee: 5.205 m
- A chipping and bunker practice area, driving range, academy, pro-shop, rental services
- Tennis courts, Leisure Center, Spa, restaurants, lounges and bars
- Perfect place to start tours around the Garden Route
- 115 luxurious rooms and suites at Fancourt Hotel
- Elegant and exquisite rooms at boutique country hotel The Manor House as a private sanctuary
- Real Estate opportunities
Only for resort guests or members.